This is Roger's favorite Banana Bread recipe. I don't personally like bananas in any form but I have to admit this actually tastes good (yes, mother, I tried the banana bread. You should be proud). Roger cuts it in half and only makes 2 loaves. The below recipe will make 4.
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 6 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease four 7x3 inch loaf pans. In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Dust pans lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 3 cups sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Stir in nuts. Divide into prepared pans.
- Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.