Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Yummy Pizza Idea


We made a yummy pizza the other night. I use the Valentino's Pizza crust recipe Mary's Cookbook. I always add a little rosemary to it, it makes it yummy. Here is the pizza toppings:

Sauce:

Pesto sauce - you can buy or make your own. I made my own using the following recipe:

  • 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano or Romano cheese
  • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/3 cup pine nuts
  • 3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Blend all ingredients together in food processor. Start with the basil and add he pine nuts, cheese, and garlic. Add the olive oil last.

Toppings:

Chicken Breast, cooked and chopped
Sun dried Tomatoes
Pine Nuts
Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese

Bake on Pizza stone until crust browns.

YUMMY!

1 comment:

Little Crazies said...

suzy, nice picture!! it makes me wanna have some pizza tonight :)