· ¾ box or ½ large bag of spinach leaves
· 3 cups sliced strawberries
· 2 cans mandarin oranges drained
· chopped gala apples
· 2 cups sliced red grapes
· 1 chopped red onion
· ¾ cup feta cheese
· ½ cup cooked chopped bacon (they sell this pre-cooked, pre-chopped in a bag); heat on a plate, covered w/paper towel in micro for 30 seconds.
· ½ cup Craisins
· 2 cups Roasted Pecans (see directions below)
· (2 cups chopped chicken if desired for a main dish salad)
1. Set oven for 350 degrees
2. Dissolve ½ cup white sugar in 2 cups warm water (stir well)
3. Add 2 cups pecan halves, stir well, and let stand for 10 minutes; drain
4. Combine 4 T. white sugar and 2 T. chili powder in large bowl and mix it well.
5. Add pecans and toss and coat
6. Line sheet with foil and spray with Pam
7. Spread pecans in single layer and bake at 350 for 10 minutes, stirring once
8. Let stand until almost cool
9. Chop or simply add it whole on top of the salad
½ cup balsamic vinegar
¾ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons of Raspberry Honey Mustard (from Pirate O’s) or 2 tablespoons of Honey mustard and 1 tablespoon of honey
Put spinach in bowl & layer everything else on top. Drizzle dressing on each serving.
Tips: You can really add anything that you want to this salad. Blueberries instead of grapes, raspberries, shallots to dressing etc.