- 1 cup Greek-style yogurt (you can find this in the grocery store. I think plain yogurt would work fine too)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons curry powder, such as Madras style
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 pound deli-sliced chicken breast or 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed from bones and chopped (I used boiled chicken breasts chopped)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup grapes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cucumber, cut in half then sliced into half moons
In a medium-size bowl, mix together the yogurt, lemon juice, curry powder, some salt and pepper. (If the dressing is thick, thin it out with a splash of water so it's the consistency of a vinaigrette).
Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and toss well to coat.
I also made some homemade pitas to eat this in. The turned out really good and it is a lot cheaper than buying them. I also used mostly wheat flour so this made a pretty healthy meal!
1 1/8 cups warm water (110
degrees F/45 degrees C)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry
|1.||Place all ingredients in bread pan of your bread machine, select Dough setting and start. When dough has risen long enough, machine will beep.|
|2.||Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Gently roll and stretch dough into a 12 inch rope. With a sharp knife, divide dough into 8 pieces. Roll each into a smooth ball. With a rolling pin, roll each ball into a 6 to 7 inch circle. Set aside on a lightly floured countertop. cover with a towel. Let pitas rise about 30 minutes until slightly puffy.|
|3.||Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Place 2 or 3 pitas on a wire cake rack. Place cake rack directly on oven rack. Bake pitas 4 to 5 minutes until puffed and tops begin to brown. Remove from oven and immediately place pitas in a sealed brown paper bag or cover them with a damp kitchen towel until soft. Once pitas a softened, either cut in half or split top edge for half or whole pitas. They can be stored in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for several days or in the freezer for 1 or 2 months.|