- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of 4 tangerines or 6 clementines, zest of 1
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock, divided
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
Add citrus juice and zest, brown sugar, sliced ginger, cinnamon stick, hot sauce and 1/2 cup chicken stock to skillet and simmer until syrupy, 5-6 minutes.
While the sauce cooks, heat 1 tablespoon EVOO in a saucepot over medium heat and sauté carrots and scallions for 3-4 minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups stock, bring to a boil then stir in curry, turmeric and couscous. Cover the pot and turn heat off. Let couscous stand 5 minutes, fluff with fork.
To serve, slice chicken breasts on a bias and fan them out on a bed of couscous. Drizzle tangerine sauce over everything.