Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ice Cream Cake



I made Roger an ice cream cake for his birthday and it turned out really good. Plus, this is so much cheaper than buying one from Baskin Robins or Cold Stone. You can get creative with this and pretty much put any layers you want in but here is what I did:

1 box Devil's Food Cake cake mix
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
2 containers Cool Whip
Oreos

Prepare the cake as directed on the box. Once it has cooled completely, slice the cake through the middle. You can make the ice cream cake whatever size you want, I chose a rectangle sized pan. Put some plastic wrap in the pan you will be using and leave some on each side so you pull the cake out once it has frozen. I started with a cake layer, slicing the cake to be the size of the pan and laying it in the pan. Next I spread some Cool Whip then a layer of Oreos. Then I did another cake layer, then spread some softened ice cream over the cake. The final layer was another layer of cake. I wrapped the entire pan in foil and froze for about 5 hours. I then removed the cake, flipped it out of the pan onto another piece of foil. Frost with Cool Whip and decorate with Oreos. Wrap again in foil and freeze for another several hours.

Take the cake out of the freezer a few minutes before cutting it so it can defrost a bit.

3 comments:

Rachel Ann said...

That looks so yummy!!

Rachel Ann said...

That looks scrumdiddlyumptious!

Tanner said...

Okay, the scrumdiddlyumptious comment was actually mine because I signed in as Rachel. Then I realized I could invite myself so here I am.