Saturday, October 8, 2011

Peanut Butter Whole Wheat Waffles

Yum Yum. I made these this morning and they were REALLY GOOD!! A friend in my ward gave me the recipe. For those of you who have a wheat grinder she also gave me a really good tip. You can freeze your ground wheat to keep it fresh. So every time I make bread now I grind a bunch of extra wheat and keep in the freezer. That way I have it on hand for cookies, WAFFLES, pancakes... or whatever I need it for. I don't like grinding wheat just for a cup or two.

Ingredients:

2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour (I used my frozen home ground hard white wheat, but I am sure you can use whatever you have)
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/4 cups whole milk ( I am sure you can use whatever you have though)
1/4 cup vegitable oil
1/4 teaspoon salt

Combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth.

No comments: