- 1 Pkg devils food cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 c water
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1/3 c vegetable oil
- 1/2 c butter softened
- 3 1/2 c confectioners sugar
- 1/2 c light cream
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 4 squares semi sweet chocolate
- 3 tbs butter, softened
- 2 tbs water
1. Cake: In a large mixer bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, water, sour cream, and oil. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Spread in prepared pans, dividing evenly. Bake 30-35 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in pans on wire rack, then remove layers and cool completely.
2. Filling: Beat all ingredients together on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add more confectioners sugar or cream to make it a soft, creamy spreading consistency.
3. Assembly: Place 1 cake layer top-side down on a serving plate. Spread with generous amount of filling. Place second layer on top. Spread remaining filling on sides of cake, leaving top unfrosted. chill 30 minutes.
4. Glaze: In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and water, stirring until smooth. remove from heat. Gradually add butter, stirring until smooth. Spread over top of cake letting it drip down sides.