Thursday, November 10, 2011

two-ingredient ice cream (no machine needed!)

Maybe I'm the last person on earth to find this recipe, but just in case you've never seen it before, I thought I'd share.

You can see some amazing add-ins at the website Kevin & Amanda. I know it's cold and nobody's in the mood for ice cream, but I saw it on Our Best Bites several months ago and just got around to trying it finally. I was amazed at how easy and tasty it was!

2 Ingredient Ice Cream
Recipe from Eagle Brand

Ingredients
2 cups heavy whipping cream
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons vanilla extract

Instructions
Combine sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in large bowl. In a separate bowl, pour 2 cups heavy cream into bowl and whip until soft-medium peaks form. Slowly fold whipped cream into sweettened condensed milk mixture in 3 additions. Add-ins can be mixed in at this point. Fold until well combined. Pour into container and freeze for at least 6 hours or until firm.


I thought that one small cream carton and tiny can of condensed milk can looked too tiny, so I doubled it. Obviously the cream puffs up after being whipped, so it trippled in size and I ended up with a ton of ice cream (which I'm not complaining about...). I was also lazy and didn't do 3 additions, but mixed it all in at once. It still worked, but it would probably be even better if you follow the directions :)

No comments: