Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Cookie Dough BallsYield: 12 balls
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews (I used salted almonds because that was all I had on hand--then I just didn't add salt later)
- 1/2 cup regular rolled oat
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup (add gradually until desired consistency is achieved)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup diced peanuts
- 1/4 cup rice crisp cereal (I didn't add any cereal, and mine turned out fine.)
1. In a food processor, process the cashews and oats until very fine, like a flour consistency.
2. Add in the flour, salt, and sugar and pulse until combined. Now add in vanilla and maple syrup gradually until desired consistency is achieved. Process until a dough forms. Stop to scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary. Dough will be very sticky! If it is too sticky to make balls, you can add a bit more flour. The type of flour you use will alter the consistency so you may have to adjust it a bit.
3. Add chocolate chips and peanuts into processor and pulse. Scoop dough into a bowl and stir in the rice crisp cereal. Form balls with the dough (lightly wet fingers if necessary). Store in the fridge or freezer.
Note: If dough is too dry, add a bit more maple syrup. If too wet, add a bit more flour.
*Oh She Glows also added these cookies to a "blizzard" smoothie made out of banana. It was SO good!