Saturday, May 28, 2011

King Arthur Wheat Bread

Mom gave me this recipe years ago for wheat bread. It is honestly my favorite. It has really good flavor.

Ingredients:

wet:
2 1/2 teaspoons yeast
1 1/3 cup water (warm)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup oil

dry:
3 1/2 cups flour (if using store bought red flour use half wheat-half white. I use all wheat when I grind the hard white wheat with my wheat grinder)
1/4 cup dry milk
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
I also added Vital Wheat Gluten and Dough enhancer (just how much it says on the boxes)

Mix all dry ingredients together. In a separate bowl mix all wet ingredients. I let the yeast sit for a couple of minutes before I mix all the wet into the dry. Knead

Let rise for 1 hour, punch down. Form into a loaf, place in bread pan. Let rise for an hour (I let it rise longer because I wanted it bigger).

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Makes 1 loaf.

No comments: