Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Garlic Butter

This is a Dalton family recipe from my Grandma that I grew up with and it makes my favorite garlic bread!

1 cup butter
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp summer savory (I have only seen this herb in the Spice Islands brand)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp thyme
1/8 tsp garlic salt

Soften butter slightly (just enough to be able to mix other ingredients into it). Add all ingredients and stir to combine. It tastes best if you can let the flavors mingle for awhile, but it is great right away too. Spread on your favorite bread and broil until done as much as you like - the first batch often ended up burned at our house because we would always forget about it! If you don't use it all, just cover and store in the fridge - it keeps for a long time. My grandparents always toasted rye bread with it, but I prefer good old french bread.

No comments: